This course has been designed to increase learners’ understanding of confined space safe work practices, including hazards management and compliance with regulation 632/05 of the Province of Ontario, federal regulation SOR 86-304, and industry standards CSA Z1006 regarding work in confined spaces.
- Provincial & Canadian federal regulations
- Properly identifying confined space
- Coordination, entry, and rescue plans
- Role of the entrant, attendant & rescuer
- Hazard assessment and control measures
- Oxygen level, hydrogen sulphide, carbon monoxide, combustible gases and contaminants
- TWA, STEL, and IDHL concepts
- Interpretation of the testing results
- Ventilation and air changes
- Gas detection: fresh air zero, bump test, and calibration
- PPE and equipment inspection
- Tripod, SRL-R (Winch) and horizontal lifeline (Tether)
- Record keeping
Candidate will receive a digital certificate and wallet size cards. Employer will receive a copy of the digital certificates and a copy of the practical skills check list.